Full course description
Let’s create solutions that really matter to students, solutions they are excited about. Let’s get out there and really understand what students care about, what matters most to them, what barriers they encounter, and then let’s engage with them to solve their needs. Let’s stop designing at students and start designing with students.
We believe that students are integral to generating new solutions. We believe innovative ideas and change can come from anyone. Innovation can be something that is not just taught in classes for our students, but something we can embed in our work with them each and every day.
In this course you will:
- Learn the principles of student-centered design and associated tools and mindsets to help you transform challenges into meaningful opportunities for design.
- Learn to tools to gain a deeper understanding for the student experience
- Experience the power of interviewing to inspire and inform meaningful insights
- Use student-centered design to identify needs, interview, brainstorm solutions, rapid-prototype, and test your solutions for an improved university experience.
- Develop an empathetic and entrepreneurial mindset to collaborate and build creative confidence
- Define problems and address campus challenges by testing innovative ideas
This course is for you if you want to:
- Speed up the process of innovation
- Work inclusively
- Generate breakthrough ideas
- Unleash your creative potential